Permission for development at a site forming part of the former Irish Glass Bottle and Fabrizia sites, Poolbeg West, Dublin 4. The application site is located within the Poolbeg West Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) Planning Scheme 2019 area. The proposed development will consist of: streets, transportation, water services and utilities infrastructure; public realm and public amenity spaces; and, temporary landscaping of a school site, to facilitate Phase 1 development as provided for under the approved Poolbeg West SDZ Planning Scheme. The site extending to approximately 4.3 ha forms part of the former Irish Glass Bottle and Fabrizia sites at Poolbeg West, Dublin 4, and is bound to the north west by Sean Moore Road, to the north east by South Bank Road, to the south east by Dublin Port lands and Dublin Bay, and to the south west by Sean Moore Park. A 10 year permission is sought. The following elements of the proposed development relate to streets and junctions proposed within the Poolbeg West SDZ Planning Scheme:
• Central Boulevard extending approximately 425m in length from Sean Moore Road to The Promenade (Coastal Park), including a new signal-controlled junction with Sean Moore Road. The landscaped Central Boulevard will accommodate dedicated vehicular (including public transport), cycling and pedestrian facilities, and on-street car parking and cycle parking facilities.
• A local Street (Home Zone) parallel to and south-west of Central Boulevard, in two sections either side of Village Green, linked by a pedestrian/cyclist connection across Village Green, both sections are approximately 200m in length. This landscaped Local Street will accommodate dedicated vehicular, cycling and pedestrian facilities, and on-street car and cycle parking facilities. This street will include a junction to Sean Moore Road to accommodate pedestrian and cycling access only.
• 2 no. Local Streets (Home Zones) forming the north-west and south-east edges of the proposed Village Green, both approximately 175m in length, connecting Village Green to Central Boulevard at Neighbourhood Square.
• 2 no. Side Streets connecting the Central Boulevard to the Local Street parallel to and south-west of the Central Boulevard, with one continuing to Coastal Link, 70m and 130m in length, respectively.
• A connection from the southernmost Side Street to The Promenade, being part of Coastal Link, 87m in length.
The following aspects of the proposed development relate to public amenity spaces and public realm infrastructure wo... Signup to read full development description
(no card required)