PROTECTED STRUCTURE: Planning permission for development at this site at 24-28 Dame Street which includes The Mercantile Hotel and Dame House, Dublin 2. The site of 0.0768 ha is bound by Dame Street to the north, Dame Lane to the south and South Great Georges Street to the west.
The subject site includes protected structures, RPS Ref. 2103 (24 Dame Street), RPS Ref. 2104 (25 Dame Street) and RPS Ref. 2105 (26-27-28 Dame Street), Dublin 2.
The proposed development seeks permission for the partial redevelopment and refurbishment of the existing Mercantile Hotel and Dame House, No's 24-28 Dame Street, Dublin 2. The proposed development comprises of the following:
• Partial demolition of existing structure (internal and external);
• Refurbishment and upgrade of the existing Mercantile Hotel;
• Change of use of the existing office development at 1st to 4th floor level of Dame House to hotel use;
• Amalgamation of Dame House with the existing Mercantile Hotel from 1st to 4th floor levels;
• Removal of existing 5th floor (6 no storey) level mansard roof of the Mercantile Hotel and provision of a new amalgamated mansard roof level to the Mercantile Hotel and Dame House;
• Provision of new set b... Signup to read full development description
(no card required)