PROTECTED STRUCTURE: Permission for development at this site which extends from North Wall Quay Extension to the Tolka Estuary, to include the western boundary to Dublin Port and pavements along East Wall Road, across the Alexandra Road junction with East Wall Road, across the Tolka Quay Road junction with East Wall Road, Bond Road, across the Promenade Road junction with Bond Road and to end of Bond Road, Dublin Port, Dublin 1 & 3 and permission to amend development permitted under Reg. Ref. 3084/16.
The ESB substation (Record of Protected Structures No. 8771) is located within the subject site.
The proposed development will consist of construction of a new 1.4km pedestrian walkway and a 2-way cycle lane along East Wall Road and Bond Road from the River Liffey to the Tolka Estuary and will comprise the following:
• Removal of part of existing Dublin Port western boundary wall / fence;
• Removal of the existing access to Terminal 3 on East Wall Road;
• Modifications to layout of Terminal 3 along eastern boundary including removal of private car parking spaces;
• Relocation of 3 no. existing double billboards;
• Relocation of existing flagpoles,
• Relocation of existing temporary office building of 15sq.m;
• Closure of left turn from Alexandra Road to East Wall Road southbound;
• Removal of 17 no. car parking spaces from the Dublin Port Centre car park;
• Realignment of Bond Road north of the Promenade Road junction;
• Construction of new boundary along sections of the Dublin Port western boundary comprising railings over plinth or wall to a height of c. 4m along East Wall Road and Bond Road or for a section along Bond Road a wall of c. 2.6m in height;
• Creation of a civic space adjacent to the River Liffey at North Wall Quay Extension,
• Provision of 25 no. bicycle parking spaces,
• Provision of a Dublin Port Irish language installation as part of the boundary treatment adjacent the Crane 292 enclosure.
• Provision of hard and soft landscaping including trees along the extent of the route, amenity, interpretation and wayfinding fe... Signup to read full development description