We, GA Development Dublin ICAV acting for and on behalf of its sub-fund GA Development Fund, intend to apply for a 10-year full planning permission for a mixed-use development at the Dublin Institute of Technology / Technological University Dublin (TUD) site, Kevin Street Lower, Dublin 8. The application site includes the Dublin Institute of Technology / Technological University Dublin main buildings and Annex Building located at Kevin Street Lower, Church Lane South and Camden Row; part of the Kevin Street Library site, Kevin Street; warehousing structures fronting 1-8 Church Lane South and Liberty Lane, and no’s 30 to 35 (inclusive) New Bride Street (No. 35 is also known as 19A Kevin Street Lower) at the junction of New Bride Street and Kevin Street Lower.
The development consists of the following:
• Demolition of the existing TUD Main buildings and the Annex Building located at Kevin Street Lower, Church Lane South, and Camden Row; Warehousing Structures fronting 1-8 Church Lane South and Liberty Lane, and no’s 30-35 (inclusive) New Bride Street (No. 35 also known as 19A Kevin Street Lower), with a total combined gross floor area (GFA) of 27,144 sq.m;
• Construction of a new mixed-use development in 5 no. blocks (Blocks A – E) ranging from 1 to 14 no. storeys in height above lower ground and basement levels (3 no. levels). The development includes 53,110 sq.m of commercial office floorspace in Blocks A, B and C and 21,669 sq.m of residential accommodation in Blocks D and E, providing a total of 299 no. Build to Rent residential units (130 no. studios, 130 no. 1-bed units, and 39 no. 2-bed units) and residential support and amenity facilities. The proposal includes 1 no. creche facility (305 sq.m), 1 no. café / restaurant unit (122 sq.m) and a double height exhibition space extension to the rear of Kevin Street Library (245 sq.m). The total GFA, including lower ground / basement levels, of the proposed development is 85,436 sq.m.
The detailed description of the development is as follows:
• Block A, which fronts onto Kevin Street Lower, comprises c. 34,696 sq.m of office floorspace in a part 5 to part 11 storey building above lower ground / basement levels, 2 no. roof terraces are proposed at 5th and 9th floor level, and a plant area is proposed at roof level;
• Block B, which fronts onto Kevin Street Lower, comprises c. 13,767 sq.m of office floorspace in a part 5 to part 10 storey building above lower ground / basement levels. 1 no. roof terrace is proposed at 8th floor level, and a plant area is proposed at roof level; Block A and Block B will be integrated via a link bridge / office accommodation to the rear / above Kevin Street Library from third to ninth floor levels;
• Block C, accessed from Church Lane South, comprises c. 4,647 sq.m of office floorspace in a part 1 to part 5 storey building, above lower ground level;
• Block D, located to the west of St. Kevin’s Park, comprises 181 no. Build to Rent units including 58 no. studios, 107 no. 1 beds, and 16 no. 2 beds, in a part 4 to part 14 storey building, above 3 no. lower ground / basement levels. Balconies are provided on the northern, eastern, southern and western elevations. A 122 sq.m café / restaurant unit, and residential support facilities and amenity spaces are also proposed at ground floor and residential amenity space on the fourth floor of Block D. Balconies are proposed on the eastern and western elevations,... Signup to read full development description
(no card required)