PROTECTED STRUCTURE: Planning permission for amendments to previously permitted development (Reg. Ref. 3209/19) on a site of c. 1.3872 hectares at Grand Canal Harbour, Grand Canal Place, Dublin 8, D08 C3NO.
The site is bound by a protected structure (RPS No. 3275, stone warehouse) fronting onto Grand Canal Place to the north; by Grand Canal Place to the east; by St. James Avenue and vehicular access to Westcourt residences to the west; and by the grounds of a former Dublin City Council halting site accessed off Grand Canal Place to the south.
The proposed amendments comprise of the following:
• Provision of an additional storey on permitted Blocks 1,2 and 3/4, increasing in height of Block 1 from 11 to 12 no. storeys (42.075 metres), Block 2 from 11 to 12 no. storeys (42.075 metres) and Block 3/4 from 13 to 14 no. storeys (49.45 metres);
• Provision of 53 no. additional apartment units resulting in an increase from 543 no. to 596 residential units. The residential component, permitted and proposed shall be a ‘Build-to-Rent’ scheme of 596 units, consisting of 482 no. one bedroom units and 114 no. two bedroom units with associated resident support facilities and resident services and amenities;
• Modifications to the façade treatment;
• Provision of additional balconies on north, east, west and south elevations of Blocks 1,2 and 3/4 ;
• Internal reconfiguration of the permitted residentia... Signup to read full development description
(no card required)